draught around uvpc back door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

In all this cold weather I have found out I have a huge draught coming from between the door and the frame, its between the middle and bottom hinge (hinge side). Looking outside i can see there is a gap of around 2-3 mm, door locks ok and is not catching anywhere, how can i adjust the hinges to "close the gap"?

The hinges have got a cover with allen key slot on the long part against the door (not techincal i know) a cover on the bottom with allen key hole and a cover on the top with what looks like a star plastic fitting.

any advice? many thanks

Sponsored Links
That star thing :D is eccentric and needs turning, if theres a hole in the centre of it for an allen key then its easy but on some you have to lift the door off the hinges and turn them manually if you get me and then lift the door back on the hinges and its a tad tricky on your own :cry:

That star thing :D is eccentric and needs turning, if theres a hole in the centre of it for an allen key then its easy but on some you have to lift the door off the hinges and turn them manually if you get me and then lift the door back on the hinges and its a tad tricky on your own :cry:

Spot on!! have now adjusted it so its nice and snug.

Many thanks for the help

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back