adjusting door hinges

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi folks,

we have a composite front door with 3 hinges (top middle and bottom).

the type of hinges are shown in my photos, see here //www.diynot.com/network/user_album_update.php

you will see from the photos that the door is hard up against the frame (adjacent to the top hinge). This means there is a bigger gap at the lock side of the door and draught id coming in. i took the cover cap off earlier and started adjusting the allen screw to try and move door laterally/sideways to create a bit of a gap between door and frame.

The thing is that the door does not seem to move at all.

Does anyone know what type/brand of hinges these are and how to operate them? Should I be loosening the central screw on the hinge main plate before turning the allen screw, should I adjust top hinge only or top & middle incrementally?

Thanks
in advance

Sponsored Links
The central grub screw is in need of undoing then re-tightening once adjustment is done and if the gap is consistent then adjust all three to suit. Be careful though as too much may affect the locking action.

thanks for the reply

the adjustment screw wasnt biting on the hinge plate hence the door wasnt moving. I tried turning it again and its fallen off the thread completely now (see bottom photograph). I can still put the allen key on it but the screw is just wiggling about and seems too short to reach the threaded hinge plate now.

cant understand why the screw cant reach the threads.

any ideas?

any idea what brand of hinge these are?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back