uPVC Coastal door dropped - hinge help required

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our Coastal Window back door has been fitted for about 3 years or so and now appears to have sagged a little. There is a little plastic lifter that fits the door as it closes, the lifter is now rubbing on the bottom of the door.

I guess the door just needs to be lifted on the hinges, 2mm would do it.
See image for details of the hinges, there are three on the door/frame all the same.

hinge.jpg

http://www.zen40858.zen.co.uk/tmp/hinge.jpg

There are 3 Allen screws: B, C, D on the image.
A and E are just metal fixings and are not adjustable.

See this picture for details of the hinges, they have a number of horizontal Allen screws (B/C/D) but none that are obvious for height adjustment!

I thought it would be a simple matter of adjusting a vertical Allen key in the top of the hinge and just lifting the door on its hinges. No such luck, there isnt a vertical Allen screw, A is a fixing NOT a screw head!.
The door just rests on the vertical post hinges on the frame.

I cannot see how the hinge can be adjusted, perhaps it needs to be shimmed or something?

The door is from Coastal Windows and has its 3 original hinges.

Any help appreciated, I guess it can't be rocket science!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
They are SFS Stadler door hinges (good hinges by the way) there are different versions,yours look like the 2D type.

No up or down or in and out only left to right adjustment.

If its only a couple of mm, only adjust the top hinge, screw (B) with correct size allen key

This will bring the door up

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back