How to build up floor level for tiles to match flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, First post. Am in the process of building a new house.
Upstairs I have concrete slabs with a screed on top. I am putting down pine flooring on battens throughout upstairs except bathrooms.
Floor height will be 70-80 mm with battens & flooring. I do not want a big step down to bathrooms.
What are my options best approach for bringing up the bath
room floors by this height so that there is little difference between the wooden floor height & tiled surface. Advice appreciated. :D

Sponsored Links
are you sure youre using the right battens? 2cm battens are fine and for floorboard add another 2cm - you should be levelling up to 4cm in total.

if its too late to undo, use the same battens on the bathroom floor, lay thick wbp ply and tile to level.

b.

Tks Bananas,
Having invested in concrete floors upstairs I am trying to avoid having to put the tiles down on ply due to risk of cracking etc...
The flooring is 22MM thick. I would have thought that I would need a minimum batten of at least 1 1/2" to 2" about 35mm TO 50mm. I want to secret nail the floor and believe that the nails need enough batten to avoid having the secret nails hit the concrete.

Maybe some of the chippies out there could advise.

Wood isn't really my thing, but I would have thought you could just glue the boards directly to the concrete - there's no damp issue surely? Maybe mattysupra or woodyoulike could advise on this.

Sponsored Links
The instructions with the packs of timber specify that it should go on battens. Wood be a bit nervous about glueing pitch pine direct to concrete ?? Any help from the wood masters

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back