How to clad summer summer house/study

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm going to build a summerhouse/study in teh garden. I'm comfortable doing thefoundations, frame, insulation and all internal bits. The one thing I can't decide on is how to finish it.

I was thinking of tongue and groove boards painted but they're quite pricey and my local DIY sheds don't stock it. Does anyone have any other ideas for external finish?

Sponsored Links
5" txg ship lap pressure treated cost around £1-£1.25 a metre coverage 107mm=3mm expansion gap so 9 planks =1m wide so 9x £1-£1.25 =around £10 a square metres

buy from your wood yard and get up to 4.2/4.5/4.8m lengths avoiding joins

there is a product on the market that looks like wood but is PVC, bit hard to describe but it is a bit like rough softwood that has been finished with gloss.
Not sure if it is within budget, but I saw it at a show last year on a summerhouse and it looked really good.

This stuff looks the same but there may be others available

http://www.gbplastics.co.uk/Products/Fortex_Textured_Cladding_Woodgrain_PVC_Shiplap

Sponsored Links
if you want it to look nice use ship lap, if you want it to look rustic use feather edge, forget the tongue and groove

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back