How to clean roof (no pressure water)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
My roof is made of concrete slab, sixties built.
There is a fair amount of moss and grit coming out from the tiles coating.
I'd like to get someone to carefully remove it without damaging the tiles, ideally avoid walking on roof.
Tiles are 50+ old so they may get damaged.
Is there any tool traders use to reach out from the ladder/guttrers to the roof top?
The roof is not big but pitch is high.
Do gutter cleaners do this kind of jobs?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If you type professional roof cleaning into Google you'll find multiple companies offering this service. The best approach would be to engage with 2-3 reputable companies that serve your locality and have a discussion with them re age of roof, how they will approach the task etc. Get quotes then make a decision from there.

I would strongly suggest you don't engage the services of sole traders / small companies that concentrate on gutter cleaning only (e.g. one liner in the local paper 'gutters cleaned for £50' type of thing) whilst roof cleaning might well be within their capabilities, you run the risk of creating more issues than you resolve.

Stick to the professionals.

I had a quote from a company who uses steam to clean the tiles then sprays a pesticide afterwards to help stop the growth of new moss.
They quoted £750 for a 3 roof semi

Sponsored Links
Unless you get a scaffold above the roof then it’s pretty much impossible to clean without standing on I’d say ,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back