How to Close a New Build Cavity - Bi-Fold Doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I hope you are well. I am looking for some advice on our extension and how to close our cavity floor to install a bi-fold door.

Currently we have a 2.05m high by 2.0m wide area for the bi-folds. On the external wall is a layer of stone directly on the blocks which has a DPC and is 100mm higher than the internal wall which is just the blocks currently.

For the walls I assume I just use a 100mm cavity closure but I am not 100% on how to finish off the close for the floor.

Do I build up the internal wall with 100mm block work to be level with the external stone? If so, how do I fill the 100mm cavity and close it off?

The internal floor will have 100mm celotex and 75mm screed. So could you just fill the cavity gap and not build the internal block work up by and install just screed over the area install?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Thank
Bring the slab, insulation and screed out to meet the outer skin under the doorway

Thanks 23vc. Currently the slab is around 100mm below the inner blocks, so it would be 100mm Celotex and 75mm screed with underfloor in there. Could a solution be to add another 100mm in blocks to align inner and outer and fill the cavity with concrete around the door area? I assume this is preferred as screed alone would just crack in the 100mm cavity?

Sponsored Links
I’d knock out the inner skin blocks so you’ve got room for insulation and screed up to the outer skin

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back