How To Cover Up Hole Left by Tumble dryer hole?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are about to swap our old tumble dryer for a condenser type and this will leave a hole (approx 13cm diameter) in some wall tiles where the outlet pipe currently goes. .

This is in the utility room and, so, doesn't need to be super-neat, but, I need to find a way to cover the hole.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
A closeable wall vent perhaps?

IMG_5961.jpeg

Sorry, should have explained better.....

The vent pipe goes into a cavity between the utility room and an extension we had added to house, then runs along to an outside wall. I plan to remove the bit of pipe sticking out in utility room and leave the rest in place.

This will leave the hole in wall of utility room and this is what I want to cover up. Some sort of thin blanking plate would be ideal but don't know where to find one!

Sponsored Links
Would a cut to size, edge polished, drilled and countersunk plastic disc do you?

Then try Simply Plastics or any other plastics supplier such as Amari Plastics, etc

Better to fill the masonry properly, as recommended, but as a short term fix a plastic or plywood disc both sides would at least look neat

Sorry, should have explained better.....

The vent pipe goes into a cavity between the utility room and an extension we had added to house, then runs along to an outside wall. I plan to remove the bit of pipe sticking out in utility room and leave the rest in place.

This will leave the hole in wall of utility room and this is what I want to cover up. Some sort of thin blanking plate would be ideal but don't know where to find one!
Vent suggested would not look out of place.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Any in laws you dont like? They make great hole fillers!

Would a cut to size, edge polished, drilled and countersunk plastic disc do you?

Then try Simply Plastics or any other plastics supplier such as Amari Plastics, etc

Better to fill the masonry properly, as recommended, but as a short term fix a plastic or plywood disc both sides would at least look neat
That's exactly what I was hoping to use, but, didn't know where to get from!

Many thanks for the information.

I will fill in the hole with expanding foam and then cover with one of these disks - perfect :giggle:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back