How to fill kitchen waste pipe gap?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Hi, My kitchen sink waste water pipe leaves the building through a gap in the inner cavity wall (see picture). I want to fill it, as we've had some external drainage problems and there is a bad smell that builds up in the cavity, and can fill up the kitchen and other rooms. Problem is I'm not sure the best material and technique to use. With nothing behind the gap I want to fill apart from the cavity itsself, there's nothing for concrete to hold on to .. and I'm worried its just going to collapse as I'm applying it.

Any advice on this gratefully recieved.... Andrew.

Sponsored Links

Hi, My kitchen sink waste water pipe leaves the building through a gap in the inner cavity wall (see picture). I want to fill it, as we've had some external drainage problems and there is a bad smell that builds up in the cavity, and can fill up the kitchen and other rooms. Problem is I'm not sure the best material and technique to use. With nothing behind the gap I want to fill apart from the cavity itsself, there's nothing for concrete to hold on to .. and I'm worried its just going to collapse as I'm applying it.

Any advice on this gratefully recieved.... Andrew.
expanding foam?

get some foam and fill it up, then cut it off flush the next day

Make sure you throw some water around the area before you foam it...

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back