How to finish

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

My kitchen door had architrave all over. But after i bought fridge i was few mm short so had to remove the architrave.

Now i have a gap all round and it is a wood frame all round and wall.

Between the wall plaster and wood there is a gap which i can fill with filler. But i plan to paint it after once its filled and level. What my concern is there will be some wood due to the frame. As thats level with the wall. How can i avoid painting wood and plaster diff?

Or would it be wise to use filler on top of wood so theres no wood and i can use one paint all over.

what do you guys suggest? Hope i make sense!

thanks

Sponsored Links
Sadly it may struggle to fit (totally cocked up on fridge size!) as even without the architrave the freidge more or less touching the wall with a slight gap

Sponsored Links
Pull the fridge away from the wall a bit to make space for architrave? You could use really thin (4mm) stuff? (Sounds like the fridge may be too close to the wall anyway i.e. ventillation?) Hard to imagine the millimetre-critical space problem you have!

(To answer your original question, you could try to feather the filler onto the door casing and sand it all smooth, but I suspect you'll still end up with a noticeable seam or change in level that will spoil the effect)

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back