How to fit Scotia to my new Laminate floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all, I have just finished laying the laminate flooring in my hallway and am very pleased with it (not bad for a girl ;) I now have to fit the Scotia that I have bought as I didn't want to remove all of the skirting board (old house and it has been painted numerous times so would have been very messy and time consuming). I can see it is easy enough to fit it on long straight bits but how do I finish it at the ends where it meets doorways (there are 4 in the hallway!!!) Do I just mitre at an angle? Wouldn't this leave an unsightly end as they are only MDF, or can you buy special endings? Also, is it OK to leave the bottom of the stairs showing the expansion gap instead of putting Scotia as the stair is rounded! Thanks in advance for any replies.

Sylvergrunge

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back