How to fix Lamona APL3991 splashback to a Leisure range?

JP_

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My builder is installing my new kitchen.

We have a Leisure range cooker (HAP5001) and a Lamona splashback (APL3991), both from Howdens.

The range cooker is flush with the front of the units - I believe this has to b the case otherwise heat from an open oven risks burning the side of the units.

But there is a gap to the rear, between the splashback and the cooker.

I spoke the builder, he said that was normal, as it is a free standing cooker. But this is going to accumulate a hell of a lot of muck in time. Anything splashing on the splashback will drip down behind the cooker, when cleaning water / cleaner fluid will drip down, steam may condense and drip down etc.

The bottom of the splashback appears to be loose - is the idea that the bottom is pulled out (or a block of sorts placed behind) so that it is tight with the rear of the cooker?

If so, how is this done? Need it sorted otherwise I may need to rethink the whole range cooker thing - do not fancy moving a 100kg cooker each week to remove bits of rotting food and grease!

Sponsored Links
All sorted!

Other builder had a look and the splashback was too low, so the lip was under the cooker. The cooker is also a little too high, legs at max. Spashback moved up about an inch and cooker down a touch and all OK. Just need the gas man to sort the pipe out and the sparky to hook up the power.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back