how to fix this door threshold draughts?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any ideas how I can stop draughts with our inward opening front door, I have tried brush strips from storm guard but there's still a small draught coming through as there is a gap of about 5mm at the bottom of the door. threshold strips seem to be too high without removing the door and cutting it down which I don't fancy doing.
Think an adhesive foam strip would do the job? Currently have a draught cushion inside but its a bit of a pain to keep removing it to open the door.

thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2962.jpeg
    IMG_2962.jpeg
    492.2 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_2963.jpeg
    IMG_2963.jpeg
    707.3 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_2965.jpeg
    IMG_2965.jpeg
    338.8 KB · Views: 49
Sponsored Links
unfortunately those brush strips won’t work effectively in that application - the internal finishes against the mat.

Im not sure if that matters is sitting in a well or is loose.

If it’s loose you could fit a thin strip of wood across to meet the brush strip.

If you want a seal that will work abd you really don’t want to remove the door, then a drop down seal is the only real option. You need one with a special stop to active the seal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back