How to get an old Omega 5 Alarm working ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Just moved into my new house it has a very old alarm installed in 1993 I think it's an Omega 5. It has a keypad and a key.

I don't know any of the codes.

3 flashes on the panel when I turn the key the d flashes with plusing beebs.

I phoned Ageis the company who installed it and they want £70 for registration and will then give me a quote. Don't think it's worth spending the money on such an old Alarm system.

Anyway I can get this working ?

Sponsored Links
'd' flashing means that the panel requires an engineer reset.

Although this can be sorted you'll need an engineer to do this for you.

Therefore I would suggest that this panel is put in the bin and a more up to date model is fitted, get a couple of local companies to give you quotes.

Spend that money towards the new panel.

cheers thanks for the reply,

would I be able to use the same wiring and IR detectors and just change the pannel. You wouild you recommed a complete reinstall.

No matter what anyone says there is no reason why your old system could not be re-used - BUT if it is as old as the panel ..........

If you can find out any history of the system, ask your new neighbours, that should give you an inkling.

Good luck

Sponsored Links
It just needs a reset

Granted the omega 5 is knocking on now but if it works and you can ask them to remove eng reset if its audible only when they are there id say stick with it. It was an advanced panel in its day and ripping it out IMO will serve no purpose, get it reset and reprogrammed by the installer and you will have an approved system too

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back