How to integrate Fridge Freezer in new kitchen.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

Recently moved and installing new kitchen in new house. Any ideas how we can integrate a non integratable fridge freezer unit into a new kitchen ? The model is the Indesit BA 139 S.

I thought I saw some sliding clasp type articles to do this somewhere ?

Many thanks,
Mully ;)

Sponsored Links
need a few details, width, depth ( including protrusions on back), height

are the fridge and freezer door the same size (height)and does it have door handles or recessed pulls.

Hi there,

Here are some details I took from the Indesit website;
Refrigerator BA 139 S (UK)
Dimensions
Height (cm): 190.0
Width (cm): 60.0
Depth (cm): 60.0
Dimensions and Volumes
Total capacity (lt): 343
Total net capacity (lt): 314
Fridge capacity (lt): 188
Freezer capacity (lt): 155
Caracteristics
Energy Class: A
Energy consumption per year (KWh): 361.0
Freezing capacity (Kg): 9.0
Autonomy (energy blackout) (h): 20.0
Reversible doors: Yes (right)

The doors appear to be the same size at a glance although I will confirm this by measuring later today, also there is a pelmet and feet at the base. The doors on this model are curved slightly sitting proud by 1 cm to 2 cm in the middle and there is a badge in the centre of the top door which which sits out a little more.
The doors do not have traditional handles but rather hollowed out insets at the base of the top door reflected in the top of the bottom door.
Will post more complete measurements tonight.

Many thanks,
Mully

MULLY said:
non integratable fridge freezer unit into a new kitchen ?
I not sure if you can do this, the integrated fridge are design to go inside the housing unit plus it have air-flow on the side to prevent overheating. All integrated fridge have a shorter life, I'm not saying it can't be done but the housing unit going to have to be at least 650mm wide for a 600mm wide fridge.

Sponsored Links
From the width & depth you give, you are going to give yourself a real headache, with at it's best, iffy results.

You will have to construct a unit that is deeper than normal, which if it is in a run will spoil the line, remember the plinth will also be on a different
plane.

The common door sizes available,also present problems no matter what hinge you use, they will always be gappy at the best.

Sorry to be so neg. but having built a few & seen some made by others, never been over impressed with results.

Getting doors, made to measure (£££££) will help no end in getting the right result.

Properly cheaper to buy a integrated fridge for the 600mm housing unit :!:

Thanks for the help guys I hoped it may be doable but I think your probably right, we could end up with much hassle and extra expense trying to integrate this thing, may be best to just bit the bullet and get a new one although I hate to do as this one isn't even a year old yet!! :cry:

Thanks again,
Mully

Hi Mully, why integrate it ??????? just fasten it up on the wall with no-nails !!! :rolleyes: :eek: :LOL: :eek: :( :p :!: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Don't be silly, no-nails only works on cabinets, for a fridge/freezer you would need grip fill.

Thanks for all the replies.

Decided to get rid of the non_integratable FF and go for integrated units, kinda boiled down to not having the whole kitchen revolving around one appliance, luckily my folks needed one anyhows so it really took the sting out of it.

All the best,
Mully

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back