How to lose brush strokes!

C

Chris!

I am trying to re-furb our metal air vents for the warm air heating system :LOL:.

I have bought a tin of Ronseal Radiator paint and tried to apply this, after cleaning & keying, with a small (Harris) synthetic brush, but it seems impossible to do this without leaving behind unsightly brush strokes :confused: :confused: :confused: !

Is my technique wrong or am I using the wrong applicator/product :oops: ?

Any help/advice greatly appreciated :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: !

Sponsored Links
I never had much luck with applying paint to rads with a brush. I now use Hammerite radiator enamel, it comes as an aerosol and gives a superb finish. Only prob is you need to drain down and take the rads off, so its a summer job really, but it doesn't yellow so should only need doing once in a blue moon.

Thank you both for your quick response:cool: .

Quote: paint pads?

Do you mean those sticks with sponge like things on the end :confused: ?

Quote: I now use Hammerite radiator enamel, it comes as an aerosol and gives a superb finish.

Sounds tempting, but we paid £10 for a 1L tin, which we can't take back now that it's been used, so would really like to use this up instead :( :( :( . After all, it's Ronseal - so it does exactly what it says on the tin ;) !!!

Sponsored Links
Chris! said:
Thank you both for your quick response:cool: .

Quote: paint pads?

Do you mean those sticks with sponge like things on the end :confused: ?

yes

Chris! said:
I am trying to re-furb our metal air vents for the warm air heating system :LOL:.

I have bought a tin of Ronseal Radiator paint and tried to apply this, after cleaning & keying, with a small (Harris) synthetic brush, but it seems impossible to do this without leaving behind unsightly brush strokes :confused: :confused: :confused: !

Is my technique wrong or am I using the wrong applicator/product :oops: ?

Any help/advice greatly appreciated :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: !

I had ours re-plated, cost about £50 for 7 to be plated in satin brass.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back