How to paint over damp wall?

At first i thought you had a condensation issue but It looks like you have penetrating damp. If thats the case then none of the above remedies will work until you first find the cause and second hack off the affected plaster and then use a render to "plaster" the affected part.
Transferring your post to the Building forum will get you more opinions.

Thanks, I dont think its penetrating damp, atleast I hope not. Doesnt make sense for it to be penetrating damp when the whole wall was damp and if it was a crack in the wall I would have thought the damp would just be in one part. Also because of the fact that there was a condensation problem until a few days ago on that wall, the wall was dripping wet when we cooked. I can not find any cracks in the wall inside or outside and no dripping or broken pipes etc. Now the cooker hood is fixed and no water on the wall anymore. Ofcourse it could be penetrating damp, I read if it is, it could be from rain lashing into the side of the house wall and its been a very long wet winter. So maybe. Although I am thinking its because of the cooker hood and am going to go with that and hope that is what is was and there will be no more problems once its painted.

Polyfilla Easy Sand Interior Filler, now it says Low shrinkage Polycell Trade Easy Sand Interior Filler is suitable for repairs to most indoor building materials including plaster, plasterboard,wood, brick and stone. Use it to fill cracks and holes in walls and ceilings, around doors, window frames and skirting's. -

So I am presuming that means it will fill the little holes in the plasterboard before I paint?

Is it possible to buy any kind of filer to repair plaster holes which is ready made? so you open the tin and its ready to use?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back