How to remove a stuck wall hung toilet pan?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Can anyone please offer some advice on how I can remove a wall hung toilet pan?

I have undone the Allen bolts and cut through all the adhesive around the perimeter of the bowl so it should simply slide off the pins now but it remains stuck.

I suspect it is being held in place by the water feed and waste pipes that go into the bowl. I can rock the pan up and down abit but there isn't any side to side flex and it won't slide off as I try to pull it out.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
1701955071618.png

Seriously though ..... Wall hung toilets will have the flush pipe and the pan connector in place but they are flexible connections and there shouldn't be any real holding force from that and if with a bit of persuasion it won't rock off the pins then you may find that whoever fitted it may have applied a bit more silicone than you can see.

Sponsored Links
Watch your toes dont get crushed when it does move, some wall hung toilets are ruddy heavy!

Sorry I forgot to get back you, thanks for the input! Btw I was also thinking of taking a hammer to it lol.

The wall hung pan won't slide off.. I do think the plumber may have added some adhesive to the pipes or the bolts when he put the pan on as it really will not budge. So I did my best to fill the gap with soudal foam and probably got half the gap filled in.

I am just really annoyed that the bathroom fitter didn't think it would be a good idea to seal the gap and prevent drafts when he fitted the toilet!

It will be fun for the poor soul who will need to remove that toilet in future.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back