how to remove soda stain??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
silly me left a can of soda in my car and little did I realize how hot my car gets in the daytime because apparently the soda expanded enough to cause the can to explode, or at least burst open a hole, getting soda all over the backseat...needless to say there is now a big gigantic stain there...it's just horrible! Does anyone have any tips to get rid of the stain???

Sponsored Links
But soda is just carbonated water, why would it stain? ;) Difference in language here, we know what you mean really!

There are upholstery shampoos you can try, but it is pretty hard work as you have to do the WHOLE seat. Otherwise you get tide marks.

My advice would be to take it to a car valet company (I believe these are called "auto detailers" in the states, isn't car valet to do with parking there?) They can do wonders with all kinds of stains.

Sponsored Links
Who you calling a homme? :mad:

Ironic isn't it. On it's own, carbonated water is a trusted stain remover by many people. When I worked in a bar there would always be someone who got red wine on themselves and needed some. Put some sugar and colourings in it, and it is a really bad stainer!

Back