How to unlock soil stack inspection cover

r_c

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry for the stupid question but could someone please tell me how to open this inspection cover.

I can twist it about half an inch (anti-clockwise) and see that it has some kind of locking mechanism. But I cannot figure out how to unlock it. I see the "locking screw" text, but cannot figure out what I am supposed to do. I tried sticking a small screw driver into the hole and pushing, but it made no difference.

Sponsored Links
Once it's twisted anticlockwise to the unlocked position it should just pull off.

It has locating lugs that when the cap is twisted clockwise they engage, anticlockwise to disengage. The screw is added after to make it tamper resistant.

• Thanks
Reactions: r_c
I've just come across this question by me, and thought I would follow up. The plumber ended up coming round and he couldn't open it either. He looked at it and thought that something might have knocked it - there was a bit of plastic had broken off. As he was working on the soil stack he replaced the inspection cover and it now works.

Thank you @Madrab for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back