how to wire a heatmiser wireless reciever to wocester bosch?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - please help!

I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 25/30si. It currently has a MT10 manual timer on it but the timer dial is broken so I have to switch it on and off. I decided to replace the timer with a Heatmiser wireless programmable thermostat.

Problem is I don't know how to wire it up. The two diagrams for each product seem to say opposite things? See attached:

Questions:

Do I have to remove the cable which currently goes from the FCU to the boiler, and run it from FCU to the receiver instead, and then put a new one on from the receiver to the boiler (as per Heatmiser diagram) or do I just leave the mains supply on the boiler and just connect the receiver to the boiler (as per boiler diagram)?

Which terminals on the boiler do I need to connect to which on the receiver? (eg on heatmiser diagram there are 2 terminals to connect, but on boiler diagram there are 3)

What cable should I connect with 0.75mms 3 core?

Also, what do I do with the existing timer that is attached to the boiler - do I need to remove it and will that break a circuit somewhere?

Many thanks in advance for your help.[/img]

Sponsored Links
As you have also posted this in the electrics forum I have posted a reply for you there. Be careful! the mods will be after you for duplicating a post, if you get two separate threads running on the same topic, it can get very confusing.

its cos i posted it in plumbing but the picture didnt show properly and the forum said i wasnt allowed to update it, so i posted a new one in electrics. turns out i could have updated the picture - newbie error! ill delete one now if i can!

Hi stem,

All good then - you're right - i had no thermostat before - just the timer. So i'll remove link and wire as previously mentioned in your email.

Many thanks for all your help.

(apologies to moderator too!)

Sponsored Links
With the wiring diagram shown earlier, which was based on the receiver wiring diagram you posted showing 4 wires, there are actually two cables for the same thing. Ls to A1 is a permanent live supply the same as L to L. I kept to this format to keep it simple. However, from your previous comments I think you will understand the alternative diagram below. I have checked the Greenstar manual and as you rightly state, a three wire solution is possible, by removing one of the aforementioned duplicated wires and replacing it with a link between A1 & L at the receiver. I have also used the Ns terminal for the neutral supply to the receiver as it may be easier than getting two wires into the N terminal. The original diagram is still ok, both will work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back