Replacing Heatmiser programmable thermostat with Honeywell T4R

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am planning to replace my hard wired Heatmiser programmable thermostat located in my hall with a wireless Honeywell T4R thermostat and receiver. My system boiler is located in the loft with my heating 2 port valve located in my airing cupboard on the landing (next to the hot water cylinder). I could locate the new Honeywell receiver in the airing cupboard but it would be surrounded with pipes and the copper hot water cylinder and difficult to maintain the 30cm separation distance specified for the receiver's location from metalwork.
If I remove the Heatmiser thermostat in the hall, could I connect the Honeywell T4R Receiver in the same location using the existing wires? I believe the wires I require to connect the T4R Receiver are the same as used to connect the Heatmiser thermostat.
This would hopefully give better wireless connection between the T4R Receiver and the T4R thermostat. I could then use the wireless T4R thermostat in a location on the ground floor.

Sponsored Links
I would put it in the wiring cupboard if possible, I wasn‘t aware of being 30cm away from metal, just the boiler? Wires depend on a permanent live and Neutral supply.

Thanks for your quick response CBW. The Heatmiser thermostat has a permanent Neutral and permanent Live connection and a Switched Live wire running back to the airing cupboard so I was thinking I could just remove the Heatmiser and connect the above wires to the T4R Receiver which requires the same Neutral, Live and Switched Live connections.
I've double checked and the T4R Instructions state in bold type, " ......... a location leaving at least 30cm distance from any metal objects including metal wallboxes and boiler housing"
Any reason you would still put it in the airing cupboard?

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Just preference, but if you can site it in existing then do that.

Sponsored Links
One reason I'm favouring fitting in the Hall is because all the wiring in the airing cupboard is in a plastic junction box and it's like a bird's nest in there with 'chocolate block' connectors galore !! I'll probably find it much easier to identify the wires that connect into the old Heatmiser and reconnect them to the T4R !!

Thanks for your comments Chris. I think if there is no technical reason that I cannot use the wiring in the Hall thermostat, I will try retrofitting the Heatmiser with the T4R in the Hall first and see how I go on.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back