Intergas Eco RF 36 / Honeywell T4R / Weather Compensation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've recently had an Intergas Eco RF 36 fitted with an outside temperature sensor and a Honeywell T4R.

I've read the following in the Intergas installation guide and am confused ....

The appliance is equipped with a connection for an outside temperature sensor. The outside temperature sensor can be used in combination with an on/off room thermostat.

Note
When using a programmable Open Therm or Honeywell RF thermostat in combination with an outside sensor the function of this sensor is limitted to transfering the outside temperature
to the room thermostat. The weather dependent regulation of the boiler controller in this situation is inactive.

I'm not sure what the best setup is. The T4R also has options of using Optimum Start, Delayed Start and Optimum Stop.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
The T4 range is unique in being able to cope with an OpenTherm / outdoor sensor combination on an Intergas, and the Intergas manual speaks more generally than that, so is broadly correct. Read the T4 manual and it'll tell you how to enable it. Use OStart and OStop

Thanks for the quick reply.

It was the specific mention of Honeywell RF that made me think it might not be doing anything, and with no specific mention of WC in the T4R instructions I assumed the OStart and OStop would work on the room sensor rather than the outside temperature sensor. At the moment the optimisations aren't enabled so I'll try enabling them.

Look again at the T4 manual. Under the OpenTherm parameters it talks about the outside temperature sensor. OT10 and OT12 need to be enabled.

The RF bit relates to the older Honeywell CM72* and CM92* series of thermostats (soon to be discontinued)

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I can only see those parameters mentioned in the T4M installation guide. I'll see what is actually available when I get home.

I've added the optimisation menu option on the T4R stat and set OStart and OStop, but still couldn't see anything relating to OT10 or OT12. However, I've just had a look and at the receiver and there is nothing wired to the OT terminals so I guess that explains it.

So would you suggest the best option is to have my installer change me over to OT and the T4R handle everything. Probably a dumb question, but without OT enabled for the T4R does the boiler still modulate?

It will modulate if you have the outside sensor connected together with an on/off stat which is how yours has been wired.

In fact it will modulate a little too well on stock settings with the flow temp being reduced unless the outside temp is under 7 degrees!!

Setting para 6 to between 5 and 10 will make the rads warmer this time of year when it's not particularly cold

If the outside temperature is above 7 degrees the boiler will modulate the flow temp on standard settings. It gets sold in a lot of cold countries ;)

Just had the first service on the above setup and wanted to check the advice above is still the recommendation.

I've been discussing with my installer this morning about changing the wiring of the receiver box onto OT, but are there any cons with changing over?

Thanks in advance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back