Intergas Eco RF 30, Evohome and Opentherm

Sponsored Links
Sorry to drag up a bit of an old thread, but I am in a very similar position to the OP. I am thinking of the intergas eco rf to run as a system boiler with a twin coil unvented cylinder and controlled ideally by the evohome set up.
Have intergas/Honeywell come up with a way to get opentherm to work yet does anyone know?
I need the evohome setup so I can control individual rooms but I'd hoped opentherm would make the boiler as efficient as possible.

Ah great so they've got opentherm working together with evohome then? I ask as not long ago everything I was reading was suggesting opentherm didn't work between them yet but there was sort of a way round it. :)

Sponsored Links
Ah great stuff. I was reading your profile earlier Dan, it's just as well you are so far away otherwise you'd probably be getting some more work! Lol.
Earlier in the thread you were saying that the opentherm doesn't like the multiple zones, I guess they've sorted that now then?

On a slightly different tac.... I'm thinking of running a UV gold 2 twin coil indirect unvented cylinder (Trying saying that after a few sherberts) is there any reason anyone knows of why I shouldn't or does anyone have any other particular brands I should look at? Obviously some of the options are limited as not everyone seems to do twin coil cylinders.

Go for a Joule Cyclone, and I'm sure we can find an installer for you if you'd like... Just post up your nearest town :)

The combination always worked it was lack of understanding that caused the problem. Neither company was very good at releasing info!!

The new Intergas boilers being launched at the end of the summer will serve two OT stats natively

Morning gents :)
Yeah I had a real good read of a few threads on a few sites that outlined the troubles and subsequently the fixes Richard managed (on Dan's boiler too from what I read) so I'm fully happy to go the eco rf and evohome with opentherm route.
I did some reading on the Joules cyclones last night, please don't think I'm being funny when I ask this, but why one of them? Obviously I am completely an untrained eye, but compared to a few other cylinders the materials seem to be the same but the standing heat loss is quite different, worse on the Joules than some of them. Again, I totally realise this is just one stat, so I'm all ears :)
As for installation im going to do as much of the donkey work as I can to save some money, but indeed I'll need an engineer in to connect the services to the boiler and commission the system. But it seems I'm almost asking for the impossible..... an engineer that knows the intergas boiler, that is qualified to do unvented cylinders (G3 if I remember rightly) and evohome experienced. Lol.
I'm also in Malton in North Yorkshire so not exactly in the middle of a metropolis. Is anyone coming for a holiday to Yorkshire over the summer?!!

Alex

The new Intergas boilers being launched at the end of the summer will serve two OT stats natively
Read a few things mentioning them.... the extreme range from what I could gather. Do we know anything about them? Would It be worth waiting a few months for them to come out rather than for the eco rf??

Read a few things mentioning them.... the extreme range from what I could gather. Do we know anything about them? Would It be worth waiting a few months for them to come out rather than for the eco rf??
The Xtreme has been "coming out at the end of the Summer" for the past 3 years... don't hold your breath (although Razor may have more info about how likely it actually is this time around). Product development happens slowly at Intergas - if there's a last minute issue discovered in production, they'll hold the release until it's sorted. This does mean that the boilers are ultra-reliable when they hit the market, but also means that an expected release date for a new model can mysteriously vanish with little warning! The replacement for the HRE, called HRX, was first talked about as "coming soon" some 7 years ago. It's still not passed Intergas' rigourous testing procedures, so we're still waiting!

Ah ye of little faith Muggles :LOL::LOL:

The system version will be called the exclusive and will be cheaper cos it doesn't need the FGHR unit and it's a big upgrade from even the ECO although that's still one of the best boilers currently on the market.

Delivery to the UK starts very soon but it will realistically be September before we have enough to retail them.

I'm sitting VERY close to one right now as a matter of fact :whistle:;)

Ah ye of little faith Muggles :LOL::LOL:

The system version will be called the exclusive and will be cheaper cos it doesn't need the FGHR unit and it's a big upgrade from even the ECO although that's still one of the best boilers currently on the market.

Delivery to the UK starts very soon but it will realistically be September before we have enough to retail them.

I'm sitting VERY close to one right now as a matter of fact :whistle:;)
Oooh has someone blagged themselves a test model? :LOL:

Oooh, do you need a northern product demo house?!! It will be coupled to a completely new central heating system :D:D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back