Honeywell Evohome and Intergas RF36

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old Vaillant Combi Boiler linked to a Honeywell Evohome which currently uses simple on off control of the boiler.
I need to get the boiler replaced and plan to fit a Honeywell R8810A open therm bridge.

I was initially planning to get a Veissmann Combi but reading up on it there appears to be a problem with the boiler heating temperature set point being disabled when it is connected to Opentherm, and Honeywell do not send a max temperature value. So when the Honeywell calls for 100% heat the Viessmann runs at about 80 degrees.

I’m now considering an Intergas Eco RF36, which doesn’t seem to have this problem.

Has anyone come across the problem with the Veissmann and is the Intergas a good option.

Sponsored Links
Intergas is a great option which works extremely well with EvoHome on OpenTherm

Thanks muggles, I was hoping someone would say that.
I spoke to Intergas to ask for a local platinum installer and they just referred me to their website search. Therre are loads of local installers on the list who presumably have been on the Intergas course and are therefore ‘Platinum’ installers. I have spoken to a couple (who have good customer feed back on Checkatrade etc) and confirm they fit Intergas, but they don’t seem to know anything about Evohome or Opentherm.
Do I need someone with this knowledge/experience or can I set it all up myself when it’s been installed?

Sponsored Links
I have an old Vaillant Combi Boiler linked to a Honeywell Evohome which currently uses simple on off control of the boiler.
I need to get the boiler replaced and plan to fit a Honeywell R8810A open therm bridge.

I was initially planning to get a Veissmann Combi but reading up on it there appears to be a problem with the boiler heating temperature set point being disabled when it is connected to Opentherm, and Honeywell do not send a max temperature value. So when the Honeywell calls for 100% heat the Viessmann runs at about 80 degrees.

I’m now considering an Intergas Eco RF36, which doesn’t seem to have this problem.

Has anyone come across the problem with the Veissmann and is the Intergas a good option.

OpenTherm control takes over command of the boiler delivery temperature, that is it's primary function.

Why would you want to put water into your heating system above 80 degrees (assuming you mean centigrade of course).

If you use the Intergas choose an installer experienced with that boiler even if you run it below 80 degrees as OpenTherm will try to do.

Thanks muggles, I was hoping someone would say that.
I spoke to Intergas to ask for a local platinum installer and they just referred me to their website search. Therre are loads of local installers on the list who presumably have been on the Intergas course and are therefore ‘Platinum’ installers. I have spoken to a couple (who have good customer feed back on Checkatrade etc) and confirm they fit Intergas, but they don’t seem to know anything about Evohome or Opentherm.
Do I need someone with this knowledge/experience or can I set it all up myself when it’s been installed?
What's your nearest town? I'm sure we'll know someone who can help you

I understand that Opentherm takes control of the boiler water temperature but I want to be able to limit the max temp to about 50’C in summer and 65 or 70’C in winter. I may even install weather compensation.

I’ve read a long thread in the automated homes forums as suggested by fester and this confirms that when you connect Opentherm to the Veissmann then the local boiler controls are disabled. Also if you connect the Veissmann weather compensation system this also does NOT work.
So when Opentherm calls for max heat the Veissmann delivers water at 80’C to the radiators and there is no way to stop it. I do NOT want the radiators at 80’C as someone will burn themselves.

I live in Kings Heath on the outskirts of Birmingham, on the south side

I understand that Opentherm takes control of the boiler water temperature but I want to be able to limit the max temp to about 50’C in summer and 65 or 70’C in winter. I may even install weather compensation.

I’ve read a long thread in the automated homes forums as suggested by fester and this confirms that when you connect Opentherm to the Veissmann then the local boiler controls are disabled. Also if you connect the Veissmann weather compensation system this also does NOT work.
So when Opentherm calls for max heat the Veissmann delivers water at 80’C to the radiators and there is no way to stop it. I do NOT want the radiators at 80’C as someone will burn themselves.

Intergas does allow you do limit the max temperature in addition to having OT control

Great thanks. That’s what I thought having read lots of threads.

Just need to find a knowledgeable and reputable installer now

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back