Do any Vaillant weather compensating controls support traditional hard wired thermostats?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have have a Vailant EcoTec Plus 937 boiler that is about 10 years old.

During it's first few years, I had the VRC700f control with the wireless outdoor temperature sensor, that modulates the flow temperature based on the outside temperature.

Unfortunately the outside weather temperature sensor broke after a few year, leaving no weather compensation in place. Back then I replaced the system with a Hive system as I wanted smart app/remote control, losing the benefit and efficiency of the weather compensating element provided by the VRC700f.

Since then, all 9 TRV's have been replaced with the Hive system type.

Question I have is, do Vaillant do a compatible controller or module that will allow the boiler to modulate the flow temperature based on the outside temperature whilst keeping a conventional thermostat wired in like the Hive connected? Thing is, replacing all the smart Hive TRV's with the Vaillant equivalent would be really expensive!

It's also my understanding that the Ecotech Plus 937 can not/does not take a outside temperature compensating sensor directly, but instead has to be part of a Vaillant controller that talks to the boiler's PCB using the eBUS protocol.

Also don't know what systems these days are compatible with the SmartThings platform.

Regards: Elliott.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back