Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Some help required please,

Have recently had installed the following:
Keston C40 (opentherm compatible) boiler
Keston Spa 210 unvented cylinder.
It's an S-plan system.

Want to get the most out of the modulating features of the boiler in conjunction with weather/room compensation controls. A Theben Ramses 850 OT controller was provided but not installed because the engineer said it was only for underfloor heating - we do not have underfloor heating - and instead a Drayton wireless programmable digistat was installed. An outside sensor (Honeywell TA1 series) for weather compensation has been installed, though not connected to the boiler at the moment.

As I say, I would like to have a set-up which takes advantage of temperature/weather compensation, but need to know what control to buy if the Theben is not suitable - is it really not suitable?

Also, I have no time control over hot water supply at the moment either. I thought the Theben device would provide this control too. Am I wrong? Was the heating engineer wrong?

To summarise: I want a control/controls to provide temp/weather compensation for CH, plus time control for hot water.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
I am also interested in this. In the operating instructions posted below it looks as if you might need the Ramses 855 (http://www.theben.de/fileadmin/downloads/RAMSES_855_top_310_134_02_GB.pdf) to operate weather compensation and the motorised valves. Can anyone confirm ?

Thanks for you help

That's the conclusion I have come to: that the only way to control the motorized valves is by having the "OT box" (Ramses 855) as well as the 850 unit. As Xanda asks, can anyone confirm this?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The 855 box is not available separately but the 855 control center can be bought from then GB rep of Theben: http://www.timeguard.com/.

On further inspection I am not sure that either the box or the control center can control motorised valves but only provides additional sensors to monitor temperatures and to drive pumps.

Can anyone confirm?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back