Howdens Kitchen Doors and the DIY Kitchen Equivalents.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking for some advice:

1. Does anyone know the DIYKitchens` equivalent to Howdens Hockley Mirror 18mm kitchen doors?

DIYKitchens have
Carrera Gloss 19mm thick lacquered
Altino Mirror 19mm acrylic coated.

(Luca Gloss are 22mm doors and have j-profile handles so not this one!).

2. Does anyone know why Howdens Hockley Mirror 18mm doors cost more than Howdens Clerkwell 19mm j-profile handle doors (seems odd to me)?

3. Would DIYKitchen doors fit Howden carcasses (I just want to change doors)?

4. Howdens have a 3 draw cabinet (draw fronts 160mm, 160mm, 394mm high = 714mm)
DIY Kitchens draw fronts are 139mm, 283mm, 283mm = 705mm high or
2 draw 355mm, 355mm = 710mm.

Why is there a 5 mm difference in DIYKitchens own offering (705mm -v- 710mm)?
Why do Howdens add up to 715mm and DIYKitchens less (705mm or 710mm)?

So, can Howdens draw fronts be replaced with DIYKitchen draw fronts?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Can't answer some specific questions, but you can't just buy DIYK cabinets without buying the doors at the same time.

I wouldn't get into swapping them over, as getting precise fits might be difficult.

I chose DIYK in the end, as the finish is slightly better (No big caps where they drill for unused hinges) and the price was halved for me.

I've got a painted solid wood doors and the build and finish are very good.

If it was not clear I already have a a Howdens kitchen. Such poor quality doors as they pealed!
I just want to replace doors. I am not looking to buy DIYK cabinets on their own, just their doors, end panels, plinths etc.

the Howdens kitchens i’ve installed since the start of lockdown are noticeably cheaper in quality and manufacture. I won’t be recommending or using my own account for any more. Their pre-assembled units , doors, cornices etc used to be nice quality.

Sponsored Links
If it was not clear I already have a a Howdens kitchen. Such poor quality doors as they pealed!
I just want to replace doors. I am not looking to buy DIYK cabinets on their own, just their doors, end panels, plinths etc.
As far as I remember, you can't just buy the doors either... well you couldn't two years ago.

Interesting as I have a 10-15 year old MFI kitchen that is still (unit wise) in excellent condition (Schreiber)
AFAIK MFI was part of Howdens.

However my gloss wrapped doors are beginning to fail, the gloss laminate is coming loose.
I'd hoped that Howdens door might fit

Sponsored Links
Back