HS2 Farce...

Really?

Could you explain how imported materials/goods/oil etc don't cost more given the value of the pound versus the Euro/Dollar now as opposed to before 23/06/16?

And could you tell us how labour cost rises have nothing to do with the loss of EU workers leading to a skills shortage?

Could you tell us why the hs2 cost estimate doubled between 2012 and 2015?

Your point does have some merit, but to just default to it for each and every issue devalues its real effect.

"If all you are determined to use is a hammer, you can convince yourself that everything is a nail".

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
For the bits that won't/might not now happen, I wonder how the folk feel who had their homes compulsory purchased.

To think we used the rule the world when it comes to rail, look at us now.

So glad when phase 2B was altered.

Originally it was going to come through the town of Long Eaton (next to me) and would include a 55 ft. high viaduct which would split the town in two. They've instead diverted it to a station built next to a power station (East Midlands Parkway).

Why do we need it? If you do want to go to London from here it takes 1hr 30min on the train if you take the one with fewer stops. There are other services, too linking Derby, Sheffield, Leicester and Nottingham to London.

Total waste of money to spend this much on a slightly quicker service.

What we really need is better local services!!

Sponsored Links
Sadly what we need is irrelevant...

What the corporates and corrupt politicians want is an endless train of white elephants carrying countless amounts of public money...

And due to the dumbed down portion of the electorate they have a free rein to get just that!

Sadly what we need is irrelevant...

What the corporates and corrupt politicians want is an endless train of white elephants carrying countless amounts of public money...

And due to the dumbed down portion of the electorate they have a free rein to get just that!

They absolutely have free reign -- it's scary. The level of political disengagement amongst the public is alarmingly low and the fallout from that is that too many are completely unaware of the reality of it all.

I thought Mick Lynch from the RMT made some excellent points and was given good air time to counter the rubbish spouted by the media.

The £2 single fare on local buses does seem to have been received well, just a shame there are many fewer routes to use. I used to live in a suburb of Derby which had two bus connections running throughout, it was then cut to one now zero. The feedback was that the fares were getting too high (and they were). Put the money into services like that.

Your point does have some merit, but to just default to it for each and every issue devalues its real effect.
Maybe you could tell us why brexiteers blame everything on anything but the elephant in the room?

brexshit.jpg

Maybe you could tell us why brexiteers blame everything on anything but the elephant in the room?

View attachment 297903

Still no response to the "hs2 costs were spiralling long before brexshit" post then?

Brexshit is just that. But hs2 was **** before that. Just like pretty much any capital project the taxpayer has to fund.

Total waste of money to spend this much on a slightly quicker service.

HS2 frees up railway paths on the existing lines once you've reduced the higher speed trains but perhaps people love standing from Milton Keynes all the time?

Still no response to the "hs2 costs were spiralling long before brexshit" post then?
I guess you missed the bit I wrote about...

"Inevitable of course, but you've got to keep the corporate party donors happy by blowing tens of billions of taxpayers' money on a folly!"

Brexshit simply accelerated the costs...

Some trolls on here tend to ignore that fact!

And where is the leccy gonna come from to run it in competition with all the milk floats & heat pumps, coal perhaps ?
Apparently a Eurostar train has a max draw of 16MW.

As a rough number something like 120kW is needed to haul 100 seats at a steady 320kph. HS2 trains will be 1,100 so roughly 13MW steady state draw.

They use regenerative braking so some energy is returned.

It's incredibly efficient compared to using cars.

What's the point of Ellal - constant drivelling on about Brexit?
Well you could put a stop to said 'driveling' by pointing out a single benefit of Brexit...

You won't of course because you can't...

And therein lies the major problem that brexiteers have...

They can't justify their stupidity and simply hit out at those who point out said stupidity!

Sponsored Links
Back