Hudson Reed sealing screw leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Looking for some advice please.

Had my bathroom revamped by a builder nearly 2 months ago and had a Hudson Reed Twin Concealed Thermostatic Shower Valve (A3099C) installed upstairs. Had the downstairs toilet redocrated at the same time. Wallpapered.

This morning, 7 weeks later, and water is dripping through to the downstairs toilet through the ceiling ruining the new wallpaper...

Pulled the front plate of the concealed shower unit and water was leaking from one of the valves past the sealing screw.

See photo below:

Now given the time and the flow of the leak, it seems more likely that the leak started in the past couple of weeks rather than at the point of installation.

So given the cost of repairing the damage is this just unfortunate and I need to wear the cost myself or is there a weak link somewhere?

Thanks..

Sponsored Links
id be ringing the shower manu rep up and saying come look at this....

BUT

Check your system pressure is within limits of the shower though. I went to an aqaulisa elec shower that had burst as the mains pressure at night reached over 12bar (max pressure for shower was 10) aqualisa very kindly still fixed it and said get a PRV

Ok, so you think the issue is with the shower valve rather than the installation?

Given the cost of repair could be c. £500 (might have to replace all the wallpaper), im guessing the best ill get from the manufacturer is a new screw?

Sponsored Links
Also is this a common problem? Should I be wary of just replacing the screw in case it happens again?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back