humidistat fan question.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.......ive purchased a bathroom fan with timer and humidity sensor.

im concerned how to set the humidity,its 60%-90% and with my bathroom being only 6x6 wall to wall.........it gets quite a bit of steam built up before the fan kicks in,by then the tiles are dripping with moisture/condensation

my question is............if i want the fan to come on quicker than it does,do i need to turn the sensor dial towards the 60% or towards the 90% ?

here's what i've had .....................http://www.fantronix.com/acatalog/Shower_Designer_Metal_150mm_6__dia.html

Sponsored Links
The humidity setting represents the percentage of moisture in the air. So 60% has less moisture in it that 90%. The lower the number, the earlier the fan will cut in.

The average indoor UK humidity is about 50% so if you set it too low, you might find in humid weather it will run continually. It's probably a case of 'suck it and see'. [pun intended :whistle:]

thanks stem ive set it to around 70 ish....at a guess....thanks......i did set it lower but i noticed it never kicked in for some reason,so i removed the cover blew in it and it came on.....strange.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back