HUMMING SOUND

does anyone have any practical advice to dealing with the problem of intermittent humming from boiler on an adjoining wall? Our neighbours can't hear anything in their house and are therefore unwilling to do anything about the noise!!! Can I insist that they get an engineer in to look at their system?

Sponsored Links
does anyone have any practical advice to dealing with the problem of intermittent humming from boiler on an adjoining wall? Our neighbours can't hear anything in their house and are therefore unwilling to do anything about the noise!!! Can I insist that they get an engineer in to look at their system?

The simple answer is no you cant, I suggest that you ask them politely if you can arrange for an engineer to check their boiler over at your expense, if the engineer finds a fault they may be willing to pay to have it repaired but you cant force them, another problem you may have is getting an engineer to attend a call like this I for one wouldnt get involved

Have same problem comes from next door constant humming vibration noise, mainly evenings and all night I notice it. Sounds like it comes from their back bedroom wall where they also have a blue hue light flickering all night from back bedroom windows. .driving me crazy as I get no sleep even with earplugs..iv involved environmental health don't know what they could possibly do! Also iv no doubt that the old metal flu could also be a noise problem but that is separate so I symathise with you..

Sponsored Links
Three years for me now with this ongoing heavy fan like noise, including a hum, a drone, a rumbling groan and vibrations all run at different levels and usually at night, though sometimes on/off daytimes ..the authorities are all aware but seem at a loss as eigher what to do or can't be bothered..my nieghbours house is where this noise emmits from. at its worst its clearly heard droning through the party wall, so my guess is they have bypassed the electics hence the pulsating hum and usually this is to grow the green matter the heavy drone and living where I live, this seems to be overlooked as the authorities are to overstretched and so it's low priority, whilst my life has been turned into one of torture and intollerable abuse ...and my guess is all above shared problems are of the same cause be simply because in the UK alone there is over 500.000 grow ops just saying..

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back