Neighbours Droning Worcester Bosch 24Cdi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI, My neighbour has a Worcester Bosch 24CDi boiler which is in her front bedroom attached to the adjoining wall of my front bedroom. Having lived alongside her for 5 years we were used to the slight noise that the boiler made in our front bedroom. Around 3 months ago however we now hear a low drone / humming from the boiler in our front / back bedrooms and landing ! This wakes us up and and keeps us awake when ever she has the heating on or runs hot water. We are good friends and I have no axe to grind but the noise is REALLY annoying at 5am !. She has had a plumber out whom has changed the fan bearings ( no difference) and has again come back and said the boiler is fine with no problems......The boiler was only serviced 3 months ago - whcih also coincides with the noise starting !?? Any idea's or suggestions please ??? :( :(

Sponsored Links
Changed only the fan bearings? Should have changed the complete fan assy.
It may also be a noisy pump. Maybe be panel vibration, and these checks can only be made from in front of boiler. That model is generally quiet in operation.

It depends on the wall structure.. I know this because I was once asked to turn a boiler through 90 degrees on to am internal wall...to reduce the noise impact...

needless to say the internal wall was stud and partition and the boiler even noisier...

You can buy fixings to acoustically isolate the boiler but that would be expensive as the boiler would have to be remounted...

Thanks for the response. I don't think the wall structure is a problem - boiler is mounted to brick /mortar wall which in turn is our joining wall. The boiler was never this noisy for the previous 5 years - something has changed in the boiler over the past 3 -4 months.

Am not sure why he only changed the bearings - in fairness to my neighbour she has at her own expense had the plumber out so was greatful for anything he did do.

The weird part is from her side you don't get the same low drone as I do ??

Sponsored Links
Check that the casing is attached properly. Apply pressure with your hand at different areas of the casing to see if the noise decreases/changes.

Had a Vaillant boiler recently that was making more noise than it should. Last person who put the case back on hadn't positioned it properly, and was vibrating. Could poss. be the case if it started after a service.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back