HW cyl in cellar

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have an aging CH system in 100 yo house which I need to do some work on.
Boiler is ok, located in cellar, HW is gravity fed and CH is pumped on return (which I think is a bit strange) Rads on second floor need constant bleeding, header tank in eaves is less than a metre above rad and is vented from HW tank on first floor.
Anyway - is there any reason why I shouldn't resite the HW cylinder in the cellar?
Also considering underfloor heating (at least downstairs) and system boiler to replace my Hideaway 80

Sponsored Links
You can resite the cylinder in the basement providing:-

1. The water head does not exceed the manufacturer's rating ( 30' ? )

2. The cylinder meets the current efficiency requirements. ( Blue foam! )

Number "2" arises from the building regs. My interpretation is that fitting the cylinder in the basement is "installing" the cylinder and therefore it has to meet the BR.

Of course installing a vented cylinder does not appear to be a "notifyable" event yet so no one would know if you did the move quietly during the middle of the light with the windows covered by blackout cloth ( DIA will know all about that! )

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back