I finally rang Knauf back over aquapanel vent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When deciding what to use on a newly constructed stud wall i chose aquapanel and rang Knauf to ask if it was ok to use rockwool insulation. The answer i got at the time was that aquapanel needs a vent behind it, when i mentioned that here a few people asked me to explain i said i would ring knauf tech back. This i done the other day and asked for some further info i was told the recommendation was to have ventilation behind aquapanel as it lets moisture through so needs to dry out. But what i proposed to do with the rockwool would have been ok. Anyway either i was not listening on the first phonecall or wires got crossed somewhere but it meant i decided against aquapanel and went for water resistant plasterboard instead. So just letting those who were interested know the outcome of my second call.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back