I need a plasterer

C

cantaloup63

Part of a ceiling in my house in London has come down (was due to a leak which has long been fixed and we were waiting for a tenant to leave before we got in to fix it). So I need someone to go round ASAP, assess the damage and get on with fixing it. House is in West London (Chiswick), and I am in Manchester.

Anyone interested? Want it doing ASAP

Have had an uptake, so hopefully sorted. Thanks for reading it anybody and everybody.

Mods- this thread can be locked and or removed at your leisure if you so wish :)

Sponsored Links
House left to us by my parents, and we keep it going since the modest income helps pay for our children to do certain things (schoo ski trip, driving lessons etc) which we would struggle to do otherwise. We could sell up but my father wanted us to keep it going for a while (in part to avoid inheritance tax - he was like that and who are we to override one of his wishes?).

Thanks for the thought, but one of the fellas on here has come to the rescue. I'll not say who, since that's between me and him, and it's entirely up to him whether he wants to spill the beans (I'm easy either way) ;)

I would keep the property to, your doing the right thing my friend.
I hope the forum member that is helping you out, is not that DIY bodger from the south ;)
Hope it works out for you, the DIYnot forum can be a useful and good community at times of need.
Glad someone has come to your aid.

Sponsored Links
Thanks. I have a (maybe misplaced?) confidence in many of the posters on here. If they demonstrate a clear knowledge based on more that theoretical beliefs time and time again, and are happy to share their experiences even though it could mean a loss in trade due to diyers diying, then they must surely be good enough to make a living for the very simple reason that they are very good at what they do :idea:

Also, anyone on here who is willing to take on a job knowing full well that substandard quality will be reported ad infinitum :evil: must be confident in their time-served abilities. Thus I'd rather pay what might be (slightly!!! :eek: )over the odds since they are putting their credibility on the wire.

I may muck about on the GD forum, and contribute what little I have gleaned about plumbing and general building work through my own experiences, but I'll never mess with the pros. The key word, after all, is "professional"

Any substandard work, must be dobbed in!
and if a decent job was made I expect silence!
Agree with the former, but not so much with the latter. I see no reason why a recommendation shoulnd't be forthcoming where appropriate :confused: ( False?) modesties should not apply.

The pro who did the task is a gentleman and a complete and utter dream. I, and my brother in law who oversaw the task cannot thank him enough for the speed and quality of his response. From the description that has been given to me, he did an excellent job and we will have no hesitation in using him again and providing excellent word of mouth references.

Once again this forum has produced the goods. Just an RGI to go! ;)

The pro who did the task is a gentleman and a complete and utter dream. I, and my brother in law who oversaw the task cannot thank him enough for the speed and quality of his response. From the description that has been given to me, he did an excellent job and we will have no hesitation in using him again and providing excellent word of mouth references.

Once again this forum has produced the goods.
Well done that man, the community that works.
Just an RGI to go! ;)
:confused: RGI

Once again this forum has produced the goods. Just an RGI to go! ;)

No name?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back