I need better speakers....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been listening a lot to music on YouTube recently and when I played Ayla - Ayla Part 2 I noticed the pooooor sound quality on the Dell speakers that were supplied with the Pc.

Anyone with any recommendations - in the £50 - £100 bracket?

Sponsored Links
I was impressed by these Creative's at a friends house.

Alternatively, if you have a hifi system in the same room as the pc then hook it up with a cable.

I would go for a cheap surround 5.1 system, have mine for gaming and the noise scares the cr*p out of my dog.

Just so you know, it ain't always the speakers that are at fault, some of the Audio on YouTube is pretty badly compressed, this will make even the best of speakers sound cack.

Dell speakers are usually alright, I know in the past some of their speakers have just been harmon kardon rebrands (pretty good quality). Best way to check if it is your speakers is to play a CD through iTunes or windows media player. If it sounds alright then you can pretty much guarantee that its the video uploader who is at fault and not your speakers !!

Sponsored Links
Well. Did the check with the CD - No difference. I finally plumped on the advice of Deluks, with a bit of added research and bought a set of Creative Gigaworks T20 Series II PC Speakers.

Wow. They are very very good. Their performance is far better than my old set and as I love Trance the selectable Bass is terrific. ( Although The Wife hates it) :)

So a good pair of Senneheiser head phones next. :confused:

Thanlks to all for tips and a bow down to you deluks!!! ;)

Back