Iceland volcano plume

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
More trouble from the North !
From Met Office http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/aviation/vaac/vaacuk_vag.html

Aviation advisory... 0635 on 15 April 2010 AFAIK...

# 'Z' references 'Zulu time' near enough GMT.

# Red line is where the ash is forecasted to be a potential problem from ground level to 20 000 ft.

# Green line shows the aera where air traffic might have problems between 20 000 and 35 000 ft.

# Blue line is a smaller area between 35 000 and 50 000ft

VAG_1271309704.png

She blows (click on 24 frame for animation)! http://oiswww.eumetsat.org/IPPS/html/MSG/RGB/ASH/ICELAND/

-0-

Sponsored Links
I don't know about that, looks like it's going to disrupt flights.
I know someone who is on holiday at the moment, not a very nice person. They are due home tomorrow, hopefully this will keep them away for awhile longer.
That means a few more days without seeing them and the frustration they will hopefully have at their end will be misery.
;)

I don't know about that, looks like it's going to disrupt flights.
I know someone who is on holiday at the moment, not a very nice person. They are due home tomorrow, hopefully this will keep them away for awhile longer.
That means a few more days without seeing them and the frustration they will hopefully have at their end will be misery.
;)

:evil:

and now for the good news!!

Sponsored Links
;)

:eek: ...Must be 'the missus' then.... :LOL: ;)

link doesn't work..

mom and dad due back saturday from spain.. think it will be ok by then?

so the forecast is that it will be here by 6pm today?

any update?

Just a pity it didn't happen 2 or 3 weeks ago, when that militant cabin staff fools from the Unite union went on strike. That would have buggered it up. They would have been on strike, but the planes couldn't fly anyway because of the dust.

Just a pity it didn't happen 2 or 3 weeks ago, when that militant cabin staff fools from the Unite union went on strike. That would have b*****r it up. They would have been on strike, but the planes couldn't fly anyway because of the dust.

lateral thinking...

Sponsored Links
Back