Icos boiler heating working but no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, have come down this morning to find hot water on Ideal Icos boiler not working. The light is on but the boiler won't fire up. The central heating is working fine. I dint know if it's coincidence that a new dishwasher was fitted immediately bow the boiler yesterday?!? Any help appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG-20230205-WA0001.jpeg
    IMG-20230205-WA0001.jpeg
    72.9 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG20230205130144.jpg
    IMG20230205130144.jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 62
Sponsored Links
The heating is working so it is nothing to do with the boiler, switch the HW on and see if the top zone valve in your pic is opening, there is a little lever on the side of the valve slide it across if there is resistance it is closed , if it slides over with no resistance it is open

The rectangular metal box ,horizontal on the pipework ,just to the right of the white junction box on the wall.

Sponsored Links
Hi, yes there was slight resistance and it went back into position slowly. What does that mean if there is slight resistance. Thanks.

Also, the status button seems to show "c" for a while, it has fired up a couple times but then shuts off again.

Hi, yes there was slight resistance and it went back into position slowly. What does that mean if there is slight resistance. Thanks.
Did you have your programmer selected to hot water only ,if so the motorised valve isn't functioning as it should.

Yes hot water only, so I will need to get that replaced then. I will just have to heat boiler with the electric then.

Yes hot water only, so I will need to get that replaced then. I will just have to heat boiler with the electric then.
If you put central heating on the boiler will fire up ,then manually latch the valve for hot water. Using the lever That you just tried ,slide it as far as it will go and there is a slot to latch it into open position. Leave it like this for an hour and the hot water cylinder will heat up to give you domestic hot water.
After an hour release the lever and it will return under spring pressure to its closed position.
You will need to sort out the valve as soon as possible.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back