Ideal C24 ongoing problems...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a Ideal C24 which I’m having a little problem. The CH system stops now and then, the boiler sounds fine, someone said I should change the PCB main board, but been there £160 I need to be sure, I replaced the CH Thermister on someone’s idea, which help and stopped the problem for about 2 days.
this might help could it be the hot water side (tap). When I turn the hot water tap on the water seems to be a week slow then after 3 sec it starts kicking in.
Hope you can help...

Sponsored Links
When I turn the hot water tap on the water seems to be a week slow then after 3 sec it starts kicking in.
Hope you can help...

If you have to wait a whole week until the water gets hot then thats going to waste a lot of water.

Whilst I would like to help you I cannot really follow what you are trying to describe.

Getting a professional to diagnose the fault might help you but few will be able to spend a whole week waiting for the water to get hot on a test.

Tony

Sorry about that I should have proof read the post.

I meant to say, when I turn the hot water on it is a little week (flow of water) then after about 2 sec it kicks in, then all seems fine with flow of water and temp.
Also I wonder, if it could be the washer machine or dishwasher accessing the hot water just now and then, because if I just have the heating on all day & not turn the hot water or the DW or WM on, it will go all day no problems,
What if I replaced the hot water thermister?.

Again thanks for any suggestions I’m a little lots

Its only you who decide to turn on your washine or dishwasher. They will affect the water flow from the hot tap.

When the boiler provides hot water it does NOT provide heating.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your all you help.

I'll just replace the Master PCB and have done with it.

Go ahead and replace the PCB,but that will not address the initial flow problem from your tap. :rolleyes:

what could that be then?.

I have checked to see if the pressure is at 1 bar off, thereis 0.75 bar in the air tank at the back, ( sorry about not knowing the names ). cold water flow is very good,
Could the 1 sec of pressure lack in the HW frow the CH system?

You must remember im a IT system engineer not a Boiler engineer, please forgive my basic knowledge.

again thanks for any help. Im determined to fix the fecking thing haha..

The system pressure does not affect flow rates through taps.I'd start with basic checks of all taps to see if the fault is the tap and not the boiler.Does this problem affect all taps supplied by the boiler?

You are not being very clear in your description of what you think is wrong!

Flow rates are measured in litres per minute not as "good" or "bad" what have no real values as they are an individuals judgement.

Tony

I had an Ideal HE Excel C24 combi boiler in my previous (rental) property

it was a freaking nightmare.

we kept getting the 'overheat' error (code 2).
when the boiler was actually working, the CH thermostat would tell the boiler to kick in and... nothing. Woke up freezing so many nights. Only way to get CH to kick in was to turn on DHW. Go figure.

Straight from the off, the plumber diagnosed bad install, with too many rads being fed from pipes too narrow to take the heat away from the boiler, hence the overheat. Plumber replaced main and subsid PCB which brought the thing back to life, but after 9 mths same old problems surfaced. It also lost pressure fairly regularly, but that's easier to address.

ps I hate to point out the spelling, but 'lacking strength' is spelled 'weak', and 'period of 7 days' is spelled 'week'.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back