ideal classic ff260 boiler problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
help :?: having problems with my boiler , i have changed limit stat on boiler, because boiler is firing up every three to four minuits and burning for appx two mins . can any one tell me if this is normal :confused: [/quote]

Sponsored Links
The boiler sounds like its struggling to clear the heat. Check the pump is running and the heat is circulating round the system as it should.

Check flue for partial blockage or the inner flue tube has not dropped out of its' retainer on the outside end.

If your boiler is running 2 minutes out of every 6, you have an awful lot of heat going somewhere. Something should be getting warm

Sponsored Links
The boiler sounds like its struggling to clear the heat. Check the pump is running and the heat is circulating round the system as it should.

Have changed pump, slight trapped air still in system. Have put cleaner in rads , will drain system tomorrow ,and vent rads and hope this will clear it :?: thanks for reply

Have changed pump, slight trapped air still in system. Have put cleaner in rads , will drain system tomorrow ,and vent rads and hope this will clear it :?: thanks for reply

leave it in for a week, it may need time for all the dirt to come loose

is the pump really hot. Is there any water in pump if you take center screw out..?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back