Ideal Classic FF260 Not Firing up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, hope you can help.
As the title of this topic states, I have an Ideal Classic FF260 central heating boiler.
I am an electronic engineer so am competent in wiring etc, but thats no good if I don't know anything about boilers, which I dont really.
I have changed the 3 way valve last year successfully as the radiators and hot water were not working correctly.
Now all of a sudden the boiler seems to only fire up for about 40 seconds every 10 minutes.
The radiators were fine on Friday night until I turned off the programmer.
The hot water worked fine yesterday also.
Both have been switched off until this afternoon, and now the boiler problem has started.
I would appreciate any advice, many thanks!

Chris.

Sponsored Links
See if the pump's turning. Switch it between speeds and you should hear/feel it stop and start.

Hi Chris, thanks for replying.
The pump, which i think is a Grundfos selectric, I think has 3 speeds on it. It's currently on 3 so I turned it to 2 and 1 but doesn't sound/feel like anything is happening.
Does this have an affect on the boiler not firing up?
Sorry I'm learning as I go here.

Sorry I forgot to mention, its bloody red hot though!
There is hot water in the tank so it must have been working for a period of time this afternoon. Is that why its still hot?

Sponsored Links
i have been having the same problems with mine,which is the same model as yours but the boiler is firing up fine but and we are getting hot water ok but the rads dont workis that what happen with you last year? :LOL:

sounds like you need a new pump. boiler is firing and quickly reaching temp as no circulation. check F&e tank in loft has water in it too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back