Ideal Classic Lighting Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

About two weeks ago (in the coldest weekend of snow this year!) my fan decided to pack up on my Ideal Classic FF240 boiler. Had a RGI come around, install a new fan and service the boiler.

Initially the problem was that the boiler will sometimes take up to one minute to fully ignite the burners. I can hear the fan come on and the pilot lights and this is what causes the intermittent loud ticking noise, but for some reason the burners dont ignite immediately. The ticking continues until the burners are fully ignited.

Last Night the ignition electrode will not even attempt to spark to ignite the main burner and there is no intermittent spark.

Anyone got any ideas on what it could be or how to solve? Could it be a blocked burner or pilot injector

Thanks,

Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/plumbing/ideal-ff240-clicking-noise-for-pilot.313399/#ixzz1oz5YTxSs

Sponsored Links
Have you had it looked at again as was suggested in the previous post?
Someone needs to be in front of boiler to diagnose correctly.

Yes the same RGI came around to have a look but he said that there was nothing wrong with it and said that as long as it lights then there is no reason as to why I should be worried as sometimes the fans take a while to get going. Now the burners are not even igniting so i sense that he was maybe just fobbing me off

There is definately a problem!

I have had to fix several like that.

But you need an RGI. Perhaps a different one!

Tony

Sponsored Links
There is definately a problem!

I have had to fix several like that.

But you need an RGI. Perhaps a different one!

Tony

Thanks Tony, what were the ball park costs from the ones you have fixed or a range of cost?

I charge a fixed price diagnostic fee of £84 locally and in most cases that covers the repair.

Sometimes a pcb or gas valve is required and they are around £100 each.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back