Ideal classic nf 40 sealed system boiler with megaflow tank

Hi Dave
As previously stated, there should be absolutely no continuity between the orange and the grey wires when these valves are closed.

So it does seem that you will need to replace the valve that is showing continuity. You have to disconnect the valve completely at the junction box, the new valve comes completely wired to reconnect at the junction box. Just check that the new valve has the same coloured wires, which should be, brown, blue, grey, orange and green for earth.

spraggo

with the lengtht of

Sponsored Links
Thank you Spraggo, really apprecaite you giving your expert advice and time to this problem. Will buy Vv tomorow and let you know outcome. I can smell success already. Steep learning curve but learnt loads.

Regards

Hi
Sorry Spraggo but for some reason the pump is now doing what it should do i.e when the demand ceases for HW the pump turns off. i'm completely confused now. Not sure what to do, thinking maybe this is an intermitent fault???? Do I change MV or have I got it wrong ? Just tested the HWMV & CHMV demanded HW after a min deselected and the MV shut anf the pump stopped. Did the same with the CHMV and it work ok too.

I would suggest you leave it for a while and see if the problem re occurs,
as already explained, the pump will only continue to run, when both valves are closed, if there is continuity across the orange and grey wires. so it could be one of the valvesare occasionally sticking. Did you remove the heads and check that the spindles turn easily by hand?.

Regards spraggo

Sponsored Links
Yes when I took off the MVs both Vv moved freely by hand. I will see what happens over the next few days.

Many thanks again for all your valuable advice

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back