Ideal Classic NF 80 Combination Boiler - noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

About 30 seconds after my central heating kicks in from cold, I get a really loud whining/vibrating sound coming somewhere from the inside of the boiler.

I have recently replaced the expansion vessel, the diverter valve and the pump, but it is still making the same noise.

It is exceptionally loud - so much so that I cant hear exactly where it is coming from as it vibrates through the whole boiler.

Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
HI

it sounds like the fan fault.please be advised not to open boiler casing if you are not sure.GAS and ELECTRICS can be dangerous.

HI

it sounds like the fan fault.please be advised not to open boiler casing if you are not sure.GAS and ELECTRICS can be dangerous.

Thanks for the advice so far, but it doesn't sound like a fan problem - it seems more mechanical, like a valve vibrating or something.

I will check out the fan, but the vibration seems to mainly be in the pipework inside the boiler - it is almost like a screeching noise

I am really grateful for any advice anyone might have

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back