Ideal Classic NF70 boiler : fails to start

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a problem with an Ideal Classic NF70 boiler where sometimes the boiler fails to start (usually at the start of the day, but can be any time). I have checked the relay on the PCB as burn out of the “fan start” relay contacts seems to be a common cause for this symptom resulting in a new PCB being required. This is not problem in this case as neither relay on the PCB is operating. I have changed the PCB with a spare just in case and the same problem occurs.

Its easy to get the boiler started manually by turning off the gas supply, the PCB relays then close and the boiler tries to ignite immediately, turning the supply back allows the boiler to ignite and it works fine, for a few hours or maybe a few days.

I have had a number of engineers in to look at the problems but the fault is never there when they call.

Happy to get an engineer to do the work, but I think they need a bit of a steer.

Can you help. Thanks

Regards

Sponsored Links
RobFaux said:
Its easy to get the boiler started manually by turning off the gas supply,

Regards

Your boiler does not monitor the gas supply pressure so I dont see why this should have any effect.

There are many causes of failure to work and I would suggest that you need a competent boiler engineer who should be able to identify the fault when on site. It needs watching during attempted operation and tesing of electrcial parts.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back