Ideal Classic RS40 "Woofing noises" and Yellow&quo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Just had my Classic RS40 boiler serviced as I was concerned about yellow in the flames, noisy combustion (rattling the casing) and a "woofing noise" - sounds as if some of the flames on the burner are being blown out.
After the service, cleaning of the heat exchanger, burner, gas pressure test and carbon monoxide test. The engineer assured me that its normal to have a bit of an orange colour in the flames and said the bolier is safe, working correctly and that the orange is caused by dust. My only concern is that I can still hear the woofing noises and have seen through the sight glass parts of the burner briefly extinguish as if something is blowing them out. (not a windy day) the pilot has continuous flecks of orange running though it and when the burners are on it it has quite an orange glow above the blue.

Does this all sound normal? Am I just worrying about nothing? are my thoughts of it's time for a new boiler unnecessary?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I would suspect a problem with the flue or the case seal if the burner keep cutting in and out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back