Ideal Classic SE15FF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I have the above stated boiler. It's just over two years old, having been installed in my new build property.
I have had a couple of issues with it turning itself off for no reason, however today it's done it again, but this time it's not willing to come back on and stay on.
I've tried the restart procedure countless times. It fires up but then stays on for less than a minute.
I've went through all the problem solving stuff in the manual, however it's not helping.
Any ideas what to do or what the problem may be????

Sponsored Links
How old is it ? its comes up as discontinued on ideals web site, have you got the model number right ?

When it fires up does the main burner light and the sparking stop?
Are the rest of the system components running ok? EG pump etc.
It's very difficult with so little information from you.
The SE15 is the old RS Classic with modified pcb and ignition system, doing away with the perm pilot.
Usually very reliable.

The boiler is a little over two years old having been installed when my house was built.
It is the SE15FF model, not an upgraded model.
The amber led lights up on the control panel next to the thermostat control dial.
The burner lights and the sparking stops as normal when started. The burner then goes out after about 40 secs.
As far as I can tell the rest of the components are working, but it's hard to tell when the burner goes out so quickly.

Sponsored Links
The op reckons his boiler is 2 years old but the model number is coming up as much older, so either the op has the wrong model number or he has just woken up from a coma. :unsure:

The boiler was installed just over two years ago. It may well be more than two years old. The builder could easily have used a cheap option boiler when completing the job.

Just my luck.

Thanks for looking at my post anyhow.

total rubbish I expect ,it has to be a condensing boiler even if it was fitted 5 years ago and if it was a new build it could still be under warranty. Regarding the builder installing the wrong boiler this would have been picked up on your survey I suspect

Go on to Ideals website and search older appliances and you will find this boiler is almost identical to the old RS boilers with perm pilots, except for the addition of electronic ignition. It is not condensing.

Hello,
I have the above stated boiler. It's just over two years old,

The reason I asked if it was condensing was the statement above, I thought it reasonable the op had got the model number wrong rather than be 10 years out on the age of his boiler. :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back