Ideal in loop!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Ideal C80FF(I know its c**p) boiler goes into a continuous loop of firing up for 20secs then shutting down for 20secs then firing up for 20secs etc, etc for both DHW and CH. Can anyone suggest a likely cause? The fan and pump continue to run after ignition goes out.

Thanks in advance.

PS. I had the Ignition PCB changed last year when it wouldn’t fire up at all.

Sponsored Links
As far as I'm aware it hasn't been serviced for a while although I did clean out the main burner and the fan.

My first thought was the air pressure switch which I have just replaced(sorry forgot to say that in earlier post) and still nothing???

Well......I'm stumped! Looks like I'll have to get an engineer out. Unless anyone has any other thoughts??

Is it better to get an Ideal engineer or a local Corgi plumber?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Check the flue for corrosion, or the inner flue outlet dropped out of its centre ring (outside) and resting on bottom of air inlet.

Could be boiler is breathinging it's own fumes and going out.

Does it keep firing with the case off?

If you are really very competent then open a corner of the combustion chamber on the left after loosening the allen keys and see if you can bend it open slightly to let air in and tell us if it still goes out every 20 seconds.

Was the replacement ignition circuit really a genuine brand new one?

They are not that common so few engineers will be very familiar with them. They are a fairly straightforward boiler though and were made by Biasi although not very similar to any of their models at the time.

Tony

Agile said:
If you are really very competent then open a corner of the combustion chamber on the left after loosening the allen keys and see if you can bend it open slightly to let air in and tell us if it still goes out every 20 seconds.

Was the replacement ignition circuit really a genuine brand new one?

They are not that common so few engineers will be very familiar with them. They are a fairly straightforward boiler though and were made by Biasi although not very similar to any of their models at the time.

Tony

no **** sherlock, do you want a medal for figuring out that biasi made the c class, and the mini range!! i8 think you will find nearly all boilers are the same, just the arrangment of the fittings inside alter thats all!

the.ideal.man said:
no s**t sherlock, do you want a medal for figuring out that biasi made the c class, and the mini range!! i8 think you will find nearly all boilers are the same, just the arrangment of the fittings inside alter thats all!

I dont see how saying that helps the OP.

All it seems to show is that you are rather rude. It also reflects badly on your employer!

Tony

Agile said:
the.ideal.man said:
no s**t sherlock, do you want a medal for figuring out that biasi made the c class, and the mini range!! i8 think you will find nearly all boilers are the same, just the arrangment of the fittings inside alter thats all!

I dont see how saying that helps the OP.

All it seems to show is that you are rather rude. It also reflects badly on your employer!

Tony

my apologies, but this guy jus intent onwinding me up, in other post aswell, i try to help on here but all i get is slagged off or called a halfwit! i actually thought you may want guys from manufacturers on here for assistance, i dont have to post on here, my company is already against it, but they dont know who it is!!!!

the.ideal.man said:
my apologies, but this guy jus intent onwinding me up, in other post aswell, i try to help on here but all i get is slagged off or called a halfwit! i actually thought you may want guys from manufacturers on here for assistance, i dont have to post on here, my company is already against it, but they dont know who it is!!!!

..Dont apologise. You are lucky you got a response from him. Good idea to have different manufactures on here. So i apologise for my past behavior and welcome you.

Ashwood Heating said:
the.ideal.man said:

..Dont apologise. You are lucky you got a response from him. Good idea to have different manufactures on here. So i apologise for my past behavior and welcome you.

thanks mate, i dont mean to be off, but i want to help you guys, hell i can even learn from you guys, we as a company can learn from your comments and frustrations. if you tell me something thats upset you about the call centre or boilers, i will help all i can, if theres any part numbers you need or any persistant faults with boilers old or new i will give you the information you need, but i dont want to feel like im being picked on or abused by people, otherwise its easier to jus not bother and spend time doing other things.....like cleaning my van :oops: lol.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back