ideal isar fault

Turn off power remove wires from L1 and L2 on five pin plug put a link in between L1/L2 boiler should come on for ch. This will prove external controls faulty.

hi iv the same problem as others.. iv got hot water but no heating
...please help iv got kids and its freezing cold...please can someone help as im a newbiee and dont know what was meant by L1 AND L2???
:(

Sponsored Links
L1 and L2 are inside the black electrical connection plug. Follow the cables into your boiler underneath and you'll find it.
Note colours of existing connections to L1 and L2, remove and link between the two. Be sure to isolate electric when working on it!
When you turn back on you should get d or t initially then c. And heating.

hi
im still having problems...i can hear a clicking sound from the left hand side of the bolier.. i think it may be the acutator diverter valve (we i think thats what its called) !! that is stuck how can i sort that out...please help :)

The diverter valve actuator sticking/failing is a common fault imo.
Do you have the Manufacturer's Instructions? Two types of actuators are used and you'll need to identify which type you have. And indeed that it is faulty. Part numbers are listed in the MI's.
These can be changed without draining down.

Last one I changed failed due to leaking diverter valve cartridge though which will require draining.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back